Whimsical Classroom Reveal! #2getherwearebetter

September 2, 2015 / 15 comments



DRUMROLL MUSIC PLEASE!!!!

I have a big announcement.

I cleaned my messy classroom!!!

I don't want to say I'm a slob... but

I'm kind of a slob. 

I like to think of myself as a hoarder though.. like the kind that keeps old newspapers and graded papers *JUST IN CASE*

After watching Hope King's periscopes this summer, I decided I needed to streamline my classroom and 

GET RID OF CLUTTER~

First I learned on a pinterest tutorial that I should stick to 3 colors in my room and get rid of anything that doesn't match.

Of course I couldn't stick to just 3... 

I picked...

Black
White
Turquoise
with splashes of yellow.

There is some teal, greys and greens here and there.. but compared to my rainbow barf room last year, it's a real change.

Teachers everywhere have been visiting me!
Squee.

So here's my reveal.



I'd love to get a cat in the hat stuffed toy for up on the shelves. Wouldn't that be cute?


I was so sick of awkward seating that I bought mini tables at Family dollar and hot glued a cushion to them. I'm not sure how they'll hold up!   My only gripe is my pink technology cart. Oy!  


I'm really happy with my foldable benches from Costco.  The kids LOVE them!!  Sad I have a purple fridge still but oh well.   I would love to cover my chair as well!


I love my rules.  I'm currently reading my class Ron Clark's 55 rules book!  I'm paraphrasing a lot, but so far they really like the rules.  I stole the morning meeting board idea from Miss 5th.  They LOVE morning meeting so far!!  


I forgot to take a picture of my 8x10 teal meeting rug.  The kids love laying on it.  I tried to photo some of the small details I've added. Don't you just love, love, love GIANT clothespins? I do!  I also labelled EVERYTHING this year!  I've had SO many teachers coming in my room in wonder and awe. It's been so great because I've been known as the messy teacher.  So far the kids are respecting the materials a lot more too.  They seem much more peaceful and quiet when they have comfy places to spread out and work.  They love the alternative seating especially the benches.  Maybe everything will wear off it's appeal, but I plan on adding more and more as the year goes on!!  

Thanks for stopping by teachers! I can't wait to check out your rooms next!!

15 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks amazing!!! I love the cohesive design and calming colors :) Making me wish I had a classroom to design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Karen!~! :) You would not believe what it looked like last year!!! :D

      Delete
  2. Holy Batman Jessica! Your colour scheme is stunning. I am very jealous. Apparently I didn't get the memo from Pinterest about the colours because mine is rainbow theme, but all my containers are white. Love your room and the colours are so soothing. :)

    Brain Ninjas from Brain Ninja Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to check out yours too Brain Ninja! I'm going to go to everyone in the linky this weekend~! :D It's like my Labor Day Vacation!

      Delete
  3. I seriously love your theme and your classroom... can't get enough of that Batman cutout in your room!!! Love love love! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Mikey! I absolutely loved your poop deck idea yesterday! I wonder if I put their history book on the poop deck if they would love it? hehe

      Delete
  4. Loving the space of your classroom!!! Totally cool!! I need to bring you over to jazz up my room. With a portable at times it is difficult with "tech board", the fabric covered boards because sometimes staples just don't hand that well!!! Great space for learning, Jessica!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing! See what happens when you forget to log out of your classroom gmail account!! I was like, hmmmm, what happened to my logo?!! It's only Wednesday, too!!!!

      Oy vey!!!

      Susan aka Lopezlandlearners!

      Delete
    2. I have problems with covering boards too. I never cut the fabric right and then have to perform some voodoo magic to get things to go my way! Thanks for stopping by Susan!!! I think it's great you left 2 comments :) More LOVE for me!!!! :D

      Delete
  5. Rainbow barf... I totally died laughing! I love your color combo!!!

    Smiles,
    Sarah
    Tales of Teaching with Tech

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, Jess! Way to put in all that time and effort - it will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks great!! If you have an untidy room it would appear as though you don't care about your stuff. Kids think if you don't care, why should they. A clean, tidy and organized room commands respect and they will give it freely. I LOVE the colors!! I love your periscopes!!!! I also LOVE batman!! *giggles*

    - just_jac_o

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room looks great!! If you have an untidy room it would appear as though you don't care about your stuff. Kids think if you don't care, why should they. A clean, tidy and organized room commands respect and they will give it freely. I LOVE the colors!! I love your periscopes!!!! I also LOVE batman!! *giggles*

    - just_jac_o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent is the only word i can give u for this wonderful blog, keep it up. I will come back again to read some more interesting things on this topic lewis capaldi net worth

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top