Whimsical Goals for 2016 #2getherwearebetter

January 2, 2016 / 10 comments


This month I am so honored to be a part of Ashley and Angie's #2getherwearebetter linky party!!!



This month's theme is:




Read and then reread ALL of Ron Clark's Books!
Read Kim Bearden's Book- Crash Course.
Participate in the Crash Course Book Club on SheilaJaneTeaching.com
Go to the Ron Clark Academy!

     Notes:  I am completely obsessed and enamored with all things Ron Clark Academy.  If you do not know, The Ron Clark Academy (RCA) is a 5th-8th grade private school in Atlanta Georgia.  The school was started by Ron Clark and Kim Bearden- two phenomenal educators of our modern age.  RCA is known as the best school in the world because every second of every day is spent on the engagement of its students.  Teachers sing, dance, and stand on desks.  Students are pushed to complete extraordinary tasks while learning about the world that they will travel with the school.  The school is indescribable, and I cannot wait to visit it THIS YEAR!   Eeeek!


I want to do everything it takes to:
make sure every student exceeds all academic expectations 
use the latest teaching ideas in strategies in my practice
add technology and high quality books to my school through Donor's Choose
help my students become more empathetic to the world around them
continue genius hour
attempt a social awareness genius hour
ENJOY MY EVERY MINUTE WITH MY CLASS!

Notes: Thanks to my involvement on social media, I have tried so many fun things this year with my class.  They are truly a great set of kids.  I'm going to come back from winter break with more gusto than ever before and hopefully I will push them to exceed their own potential by the end of this glorious school year!  I really want every single one of my students to know that I care about their success in life even after they leave my classroom.

I'm extremely creative, and I'm always working on something
My goal this year is to finish more and start less. 
I would like to develop a thicker skin in the business world.
I want to try out videos for my blog and youtube.
I want to learn how to do a podcast.
I just want to share my zealous energy for learning, children and teaching with the world!

Notes:  Last year, I learned about social media, and I learned how to speak my true voice on social media.   This year, I want to take that a step further and speak my true voice in the business world.  I want to invigorate and excite educators and I want to encourage teachers to enter the business world through teachers pay teachers or wherever else they may feel the *urge* to explore.   I'm going to take all these goals day by day and journal my progress in a 5 year- one line daily goals and progression diary!   

A big thank you to Angie and Ashley for putting together this amazing linky party!  You can go check out their blogs by clicking their icons below (they are the first two icons!), and please check out the other amazing educators in this #2getherwearebetter  #2016goals submission!




May you be inspired and blessed throughout this new year!!

10 comments:

  1. How am I JUST now visiting your blog?!? Your goals are awesome, and I just know that you are going to ROCK this year!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek! Sarah! I've admired you for so long, and I'm so thrilled that you came to visit my little old blog! I think this year will rock for both of us!

      -Jess

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is very sweet Kristen, considering that I could listen to YOUR voice all day long! :D Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Love it! You are such a joy to watch on Periscope and I'm so glad I found your blog!!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeeee! Thanks for stopping by Rachel! I'm so happy that we've connected through social media! -Jess

      Delete
  4. Love this Jess!!! Thanks so much for linking up with us!!! <3 We all adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear your podcast!! It is going to be AMAZING!! I can't wait to hear how you take on RCA too! That would be so much fun to go with you! Can't wait to watch you accomplish so much this year friend!! <3

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Chris @ Famous in First was surprised at his school by RCA - I was in tears. I just knew how BIG that was for him, and how special it was. I cannot wait for you to meet Hope King, Ron Clark, and the gang.... going to RCA would be a dream come true for me too, but I'm almost more excited for you to meet them, because I know that once you do - your sparkle is going to be ablaze!! <3 <3 2016 is your year - you are going to do amazing things!

    http://mrsb4thgradeteacher.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, I have been watching your scopes and I love everything about your spirit! You have given me the courage...I think to maybe try scoping myself. I am going to keep watching and maybe one day...
    xxoo,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top