My 1st Erin Condren Planner- Complete Review!

August 9, 2015 / 1 comment


Hi there teacher friends and fellow blog readers!  

 Okay, so I was really stoked this week to get my first ever Erin Condren Planner.  I'd never heard of EC before this summer! (I know, I've been living under a rock, right?).  Thanks to periscope friends, I became a big fan of EC quickly!  I've always been addicted to office supplies.  

History of My Paper Addiction

 When I was five years old, there was a big fire near my house, and our neighborhood was evacuated. My dad threw a trash bag at me and told me to take the most important things out of my room.  I took my favorite teddy bear, and ALL my paper and tons of pencils.  I remember my dad opening the bag once we got out of town, and he could NOT believe that I "saved" pencils and paper out of ALL my toys.  Yep.

A few years later, I won a drawing contest in 3rd grade.  (I have no idea, how I won).  My picture was put on the cover of a fashion show booklet, and I won $100 to Toys R US.  I bought a small microscope, some sandylion stickers and three reams of paper with designs along the edges.  My parents were arguing with me the whole time to by "toys", but I just couldn't get enough paper!  That paper lasted me well into college by the way!

Erin Condrin Journey- Take 1


The box and packaging was lovely. Everything was wrapped in mint tissue paper!


I went with a quote cover because I LOVE words!


I also love apples.


I love all the art throughout the book.


The owl is so adorable right?  Those stickers are for labelling the calendar.  The clipboard was a $3.00 office depot find. :)



This reminds me of a quote that Angie from Lucky Little Learners says a lot- If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough!  Sometimes my heart pounds thinking of my dreams and I get all sweaty, so I think they're pretty big. :)


Here's my 1st entry.  Loved applying the stickers.  I'm sure some would think it was tedious.  See that folder in the background- Office Depot .50~!


Once I find out when my "extras" are, I'm going to print out custom labels for the headers of these pages.  I figure I'll write the learning target in each box.


I may just washi tape in a printed list of students to take during fire drills and what not.


I've never kept track of absences on paper, but I may start doing so because we have to do a "paper audit" of our absences every few weeks.  I usually just look the information up on the computer, but this could save me a lot of time.


I was thinking of having parents sign this sheet at open house.  It will be before I write too much personal info in here, and that way I'll know who's interested in volunteering!


Who doesn't love graph paper?


I'm a holiday freak. I probably should teach K. (I teach 5th). 
I love how they list famous birthdays in here too!


Lovely quotes are strewn about through out the book. 
 Look at all those stickers!  *heart eyes*


There's a nice appley pocket folder in the back!


Here are compliment cards and coupons in a nice zippered pouch.


Here's my 1st entry and my first attempt writing on washi tape!  It was a little slippery. 

I hope you enjoyed this tour of my first Erin Condren planner. I can't wait to use it this year!  If you're interested in your own EC planner or anything from Erin Condren, leave me a comment with your email, and I can email you a $10 off coupon towards your 1st order!

Thanks for reading!  I'm off to planning now!  Weeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. I just got my first planner as well! I used sticky highlighter tape to put IEP meeting dates in mine. Worked like a charm! That might be easier than washi tape since it's already pre-cut! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top